Digital sound artifacts

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Apple imac

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hard wired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nad m33

Description Of Issue

I just started noticing what can be described as light clicking or ticking inside the music during playback of most tidal songs. It’s hard to explain but painfully noticeable once I start to hear it.
It’s like there is a milli second drop of sound very simular to the flicks of dots on a video film .
Old video from film projectors have little artifacts from scratches or dust that show as the film is run. That same artifact is showing up in the sound reproduction. It’s very inaudible until you start to hear it then you can’t stop hearing it.
It’s like micro buffering. It does not effect the sound quality like dynamics or sound stage.
I’m using roon 1.8 with nad m33. The issues is not noticed when using any other music source outside of roon.
I don’t have any dsp filters on. So far I hear it when streaming from music outside of my personal recorded library.

Does this happen with all bit depth/ sample rates? Do you have MQA enabled? Presently, the M33 isn’t Roon Ready, so how are you using this with Roon?

That’s a good question. I am not educated in those settings.

I am grandfathered in as I bought the m33 before the crackdown.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.