Disabling TIDAL

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I’m having a few issues of music stopping and am considering temporarily disabling TIDAL to only play from my NAS. Question - will this delete my TIDAL albums such that when I re-enable TIDAL I will have to recreate the library?

Thanks

Just go to Settings>Services>Tidal>Edit and click “Disable” in the upper right corner. It turns the service off and those albums temporarily disappear. Just go through the same sequence and “Enable” and you’re right back where you were. No changes to how your library was set up when you get back.

1 Like

Hi @DJD,

As Scott mentioned you can disable TIDAL using those instructions. If you wish to create a backup of of your Roon database as an extra precaution you can do so by using Roon’s Backup Manager.

Thanks to both of you!

1 Like

Will this method also work if I unsuscribe from Tidal for a while and resuscribe later?

Hi @Mathieu_Dulong,

Yes, this method should work if you plan to disable TIDAL and re-enable it at a later point in time.

Thanks, good to know

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.