Disappearing Compilations -?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+ 1.8 build 764, 4TB internal SSD
Local Library: 4300 albums, 75,000 tracks
Tidal: 500 albums, 7500 tracks

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

xfininty, Eero wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacOS remote, iPadOS remote, ultrarendu/Brooklyn DAC+, Sonos

Description Of Issue

Compilations randomly appear and disappear from the “Albums in my Library” section in the Overview tab on artists pages. They also randomly switch between the “Main Albums” and “Compilations” sections in the Discography tab.

I am talking about compilations of a single artist who is the primary artist, not multi-artist compilations where the primary artist is “various artist” . For Bob Dylan, I have over 100 albums in my library. 25 of these are tagged as compilations where Bob Dylan is the primary artist, e.g. Bob Dylan’s Greatest Hits, Biograph, Masterpieces, and all of the Bootleg series albums. These should all show up under “Albums in My Library”. Sometimes they do, when I first go to the artist page, but then they will disappear from the list after a minute or so. If I go to Discography, sometimes they will show up in “Main Albums”, but sometimes they move down under “Compilations” where they appear together with all the various artists/soundtracks.

1 Like

This or something like it appears to be happening to me too (was stoked to find your post to confirm I’m not crazy). I’ve got my core (updated) on a Ubuntu Linux server, and a much smaller library. I can search for the “missing” album, but it refuses to show up in Albums in my Library. I don’t have enough time to mess with it right now, but I’ll report back if I find a solution.

Hey @HeavyMetalDrummer,

Thanks for reporting this and for showing incredible patience while we got a chance to reply. Needless to say, I do wish we would have gotten a chance to do so sooner.

I appreciate you letting us know of this behavior - do you still experience it? And @ravyn, do you, as well?

One of our technicians will be with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, thanks in advance for bearing with us :pray:

This seems to be fixed now, I will keep an eye on it over the next few days. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks so much for following up, @HeavyMetalDrummer. Here I am, hoping the victory is not temporary :muscle:

Please, do let me know if it returns :slight_smile:

Unfortunately this is not fixed - see this duplicate thread;

As mentioned in that thread, there should be separate headings for “compilations” (i.e. all tracks by that artist) and “with various artists”. These headings can be renamed as Roon sees fit, but there should be this distinction on the artist page.

1 Like

As of last weekend I was still experiencing the unwanted behavior. I haven’t installed the latest Core update tho, so I will do that this evening and then try again.

Sorry for the delay, but I have confirmed that this behavior is ongoing on the latest build 783 (Linux Core/Windows 10 Remote).

Hey @ravyn,

I’m sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you as well. Could you please use the article below as a guide to share with our technical team the information they need to help?

Thanks again :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.