Server: Version 2.0 (build 1259) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ROCK hardwired to router via switch
Endpoints on mix of wifi and cable

Connected Audio Devices

NA

Number of Tracks in Library

~31,000
Split between Qobuz tracks and local (mainly) FLAC files held on internal HDD in NUC.

Description of Issue

Looking at The Flaming Lips artist page the discography does not properly show the albums that are in my collection.

I have two versions of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots which are both locally held sets of FLAC files. You can see them here on the Artist Overview page correctly;

If I open the Discography page I see this;

And if I click through to the album page via Discography I get this;

Finally if I click on the Versions tab here I see this;

Where are my local Versions? Why doesnt Discography pick up that I have versions in my library? It does for the other albums, just not this one.

What happens if you click on the library switch in discography?

1 Like

If I do that it appears as a library album. If I click again it goes back the original sate with the album shown as Qobuz only. But its the only album affected. Is this because of non-equivalent versions or something?

I can only presume so. If you search for yoshimi does your album show up?

The first search result is the Qobuz album not in my library. My library version is in third spot down at the bottom. Weird…

EDIT: I wonder if it is because my album version has the ‘24 bit’ ‘Version’ string applied. This is a hangover from my days before Roon. The album folder name is marked [24 bit]. Having said that the album is identified by Roon correctly so it ‘should’ be treated as a prefered library title I think ?

Easy to edit and see I guess :blush:
Or search for yoshimi 24.

1 Like

Yup so that was the cause. Because one of the albums had a Version set it was causing the matching used on Discography to fail for some reason. I edited the offending album version to remove the value set for ‘Version’ and now it displays properly

Seems like a bug to me though, the ‘Version’ should not make a difference when multiple albums are all identified as being the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.