Discograpy empty for several artists after 788 update

We’re aware of the issue and working on it.

We weren’t able to get a fix into today’s release, but this is on our radar and we’ll provide updates as a solution comes together.

Thanks for everyone’s patience!

I also still see the problem with empty ‘overview’ pages, even though the notes for today’s update say it has been fixed.

Hi Mike, this hasn‘t been resolved with today‘s build 783? Because I updated and still
get an empty discography on the artist page of a pianist (Dimitri Bashkirov) where I have one local album only which is not on any streaming service (Schumann album on EMI).

Edit: Sorry, didn‘t read your response properly which already answered it.

1 Like

Hello! I’m having the same issue here, which is doubly affective in my case.

I like to create ‘primary artists’ that serve as ‘Labels’ and other categories that I like to create for myself. It does not seem to function this build… with only a handful of tracks are showing up in the artist view, even if I have hundreds of albums.

Even filtering in album view, and typing an artists name that Roon’s discography isn’t loading for, will not even register as being included.

Interestingly enough however, if I sort Artist by ‘Album Count’, the artists properly sort themselves correctly. Which makes it very strange to click on them and see an empty discography. So at least we know the albums weren’t deleted.

Glad this is being addressed! Thanks for all your help.

I updated yesterday and noticed similar issue and am only posting as an FYI to support.

I saw a recommendation to an artist I like and went ahead and played a tune to check it out (qobuz). While looking at the album info I selected the main artist which then takes you to that artist page (obviously) but it listed no albums, nadda (which I have several local albums mind you).

I then performed a search for this artist and when clicking his name again, nothing. I then browsed through album view until I found said artist (to make sure I wasn’t going nuts) and selected one of my local albums, looking at the metadata, file info etc…all data appeared to be correct, but as soon as I selected the artist it showed no albums again.

I then added the album from qobuz to my library and as soon as I did that, the artist discography worked and showed all my local content as well as qobuz. Since that “fixed it” I cannot reproduce the behavior with that artist and appears to be random at this point.

I sincerely hope that this issue will be fixed.

I am also waiting for this issue to be fixed soon. Does anyone know anything.

I confirmed that it was fixed in build 790.

I can also confirm that this is working again after the upgrade to 790.
Thanks, Dylan, and all at Roon who worked to fix this!

It also appears to be working for me as well after build 790. Thanks again Dylan and the other support staff.

Core Machine (Windows 10/System info/Roon 1.8 build 778)

Albums and Singles EP view

Hello,
When I’m on artist page, before I’ve had the view with all albums and below the view with EP and singles and now with the new build it disappear.

Your issue is similar to this previous report, Roon are aware of the issue: