Discover U/I Issue [Ticket In]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS 11.2.3
Roon 1.8 (Build 778)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Node2i

Description Of Issue

I have a weird thing happening with the display/UI when I click on “Discover”. See attached screenshot. Not sure why, this started with Roon 1.8 & hasn’t been fixed by any of the updates. I have Roon displaying on a vertical monitor. The problem disappears when displaying on a horizontal monitor. Any suggestions?

Hey @Bruce_Elbeblawy,

I cannot begin to say how sorry I am that it’s been this long before we got a chance to reply. I truly am sorry :pleading_face:

I am (secretly) hoping that this isn’t still the case, especially since Roon 790:

Could you please let me know if you’re still seeing this issue?

hi @beka
Thanks for the reply… Unfortunately, the issue is still the same. I have the latest Roon installed (790). I’m attaching 2 screenshots to show you the difference between the vertical and the horizontal display.

Thanks!

Hey @Bruce_Elbeblawy,

Thanks for following up and keeping us updated. While I wish this wasn’t still the case, I’m glad we get to help. I’ve passed this on to our technical team.

In the meantime, could you please share a bit more details about your vertical monitor? :pray:

Hey @beka

Ok, thanks. The Vertical Display is a BenQ 32 inch, 4k. It’s the secondary display for a 5K iMac.

Thanks @Bruce_Elbeblawy. This thread is now in our technical team’s queue - you should hear from them here :nerd_face:

Thanks in advance for your patience :pray:

Hello,
Is this fixed?
I have this problem on a vertical screen here?
But everything is fine on the horizontal screen here.
My vertical screen is of the type: AOC 32" Curved gaming screen.

Thanks for all the answers!

No, never fixed, and never got an explanation or a followup.

Okay. Thank you for answering me!
If this problem has been with the technical team for 3 years?? And no answer? Then this is probably a problem that is not prioritized at all. :confused:

Hi @Bruce_Elbeblawy and @Edvardsen,

Sorry to hear you’re still experiencing some oddities with your vertical monitors even on the newer Roon 2.0.

Could you please reproduce the issue, and share the specific date, time, and if applicable, name of track playing? Sharing a fresh screenshot may help as well.

What happens if you set it up to be the only display for your Roon setup? Does the same issue occur?

We’ll be on standby for your reply, thanks!

Happens all the time. Only in the vertical display, fine in the horizontal.

Hi,
And thanks for answering us!

Happens all the time here also.

Playing Dawn of Demise - Disgusting as you see at the bottom of the picture.

Hi @Bruce_Elbeblawy and @Edvardsen,

Thank you for the follow up. @Bruce_Elbeblawy it is unclear if you tested out my previous reply:

@Edvardsen I see you have multiple screens as well, can you please see if only using the vertical monitor results in the same issue?

With that, we’re having trouble connecting to the remote devices using the monitors to inspect a closer diagnostics report. Could you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs from the device using the monitor, to our File Uploader?

Thanks!

It’s not possible for me to only using the vertical monitor. I’m using an iMac, so I ca’t tun off the horizontal monitor. I will upload the logs.

Om not a Mac guy, but can you connect the iMac to a TV via HDMI.

If so, does it display the same then?

No, can’t connect it to a TV

Hi,

Sorry I didn’t do as you said. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I have now tried turning off the other monitors, I use 3 monitors so I turned off the 2 that are used in horizontal mode.

But it didn’t change anything, it’s the same way?

I am uploading log files now…

Thanks for looking in to this! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for sharing those! Our team will take a closer look this week and I should have more information to share afterwards. :+1: