Roon 1.8 included a complete overhaul of the artist page, which allow Roon to be smarter about how it presents different kinds of artists. This logic is complex, and requires balancing a number of considerations in order to show the right sections on each artist’s page, based on our understanding of their music.
Since the initial release, we have been fine-tuning this logic based on community feedback.
This release continues that fine tuning, and we believe we’ve now resolved a large number of cases we were able to reproduce based on community feedback. We also reached out to many users, so they could try out the latest code and confirm the fix.
So far, the feedback has been positive and we believe the artist page will show the intended content for all kinds of artists, inside or outside your library.
This release also includes a number of smaller fixes and performance improvements that were completed over the last few weeks. Thanks everyone for the feedback and your patience as we continue to improve the Roon experience.
The Team At Roon Labs
Roon Build 790 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux.
Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
- Artist details - updated rules for displaying sections
- Fixed issue preventing certain artists from displaying in-library content on Overview tab
- Fixed issue preventing albums from showing on an artist’s page when adding a primary artist link
- Fixed missing ‘Main Albums’ section on Overview tab for users without streaming services
- Fixed missing Overview tab and library badges on Discography for some artists
- Album details: Better scrolling performance on albums with large number of tracks
- Fixed issues focusing input fields on many screens
- Removed duplicate bridge devices from Signal Path
- Fixed UI glitches on certain Windows + Nvidia setups when running at high refresh rate