Roon 1.8 (Build 790) Feedback

This thread is for user feedback regarding Roon 1.8 and Build 790 in particular. See the Build 790 Release Notes here.

1 Like

@andybob, we got some mixed messages. Is there an update for Android/iOS or not for Build 790?

Gazzi.

There will be, but it can take some time.

The Release Notes say:

Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon

Roon can’t control how long it takes for Android/iOS apps to be approved and published.

2 Likes

Any fixes for crashing iOS app included?

4 Likes

Thanks. The original notes we read stated “Roon Build 790 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, Linux. There is no update for our Android and iOS apps, or for Roon Bridge at this time.
Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon. There is no update for Roon Bridge at this time.”

Very much appreciate the clarification.

1 Like

I rhink it would be better in the future that Roon releases the remote apps 1 day prior to releasing the updated Roon so that when we update the Roon apps/server/core we already can have the corresponding remote also. That way, no second guessing if the fix in the apps really works or not. Some fix/updates in the past (such as build 778 indentation for Classical movements) did not work / take effect without updated remote apps.

Some releases rely on an update to the database so wouldn’t load. Users would then be stuck without a working system.

2 Likes

Installation kit for Linux (RoonServer_linuxx64.tar.bz2) is not updated. It is still the old version (783, instead of 790).

Still missing fixes for two annoying Live Radio bugs, already acknowledged:

… and still looking forward to a solution to the “butchering” of artist pictures:

Roon 1.8 is otherwise proving to be very reliable and enjoyable with the new UI/focus/discovery features!

8 Likes

I am not sure if I experienced any of the items that got fixed but I appreciate the effort in fixing things users complain about.

I’d also like fixes for the butchered artist’s pictures and we still have the problem on ultra wide displays on desktop where the UI was better on 1.7.

4 Likes

I really dont get it now.
Why dont you repair the snapback issue within bookmarks?
This error makes Roon close to unuseable for me.
@support Why?
Please repair this issue.

6 Likes

Not 100% sure if this is related to 790 but : Am i missing the “more” button here for all the (13) albums on the search result page? Clicking on artist is showing al 13 albums. (See red cirkels in the picture)

The more button for the tracks beneeth is working correctly.

And yes, AC/DC is spelled exactly the same on all 13 albums.

1 Like

Can you please look into this issue? The windows app is used.

When selecting an artist or an album on the respective pages in my library the backwards button will not return to the (somewhat) exact position where it jumped off. The return will be half/one/two rows above or below the original position. In my opinion this is irritating and demonstrates a different movement behaviour than 1.7. Thanks for investigating and fixing.

7 Likes

When you browse new releases and have a look at a particular album. Then pressing “back” you end at the top of the list and have to scroll all the the way down to continue where you left

7 Likes
  • Fixed UI glitches on certain Windows + Nvidia setups when running at high refresh rate

Thanks so much for this. I have had this problem for most of 2021 when I upgraded my rig. I had started to give up hope it would be resolved. I know it probably seems minor but it was pretty hard to get excited about any new UI changes when the UI had this core problem. Very happy it has been resolved.

3 Likes

1.8 long standing “annoyance” (… to be kind), fixed by 778 (… or 783) but just in “My Library”
still there when browsing using bookmarks and other subsets :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, fixes for the butchered artist’s pictures would be a BIG improvement. Maybe it’s time to abandon the silly circles? I suspect most of the photos were taken in either square or rectangular format, so why not keep with that shape, which allows considerably more effective screen usage scaling than circles. The amount of wasted space on pages still annoys.

16 Likes

Neil_Small, the udpate for Android has just been released.

Have a nice day!

Ok, just installed the update for android on my Tab S7, my Tab S6 and my Pixel 5
On all 3 versions my volume now starts at 0 dB and goes to 12 dB. As soon as I touch the volume slider the volume goes to 0 dB. I had to change my underwear (this is about max volume)…
Thankfully my 10.000 dollar speakers are not broken, but to say that I’m not amused is an understatement. Please fix this ASAP!!
I’m using a Nad C658 with the latest firmware (3.14.2)…

Just tested the desktop version. Also 0…12dB. Current volume is -57.5 dB
Resetting volume settings seems to work.

@Geoff_Coupe: I did have safety limits set. From the top of my head, I think I set them to 60 (on the 0…100 scale from the previous version of the apps). They are set again now. The update seems to have changed the slider from a 0…100 setting to a dB oriented setting but somehow changed the ‘low’ value for the silder to 0. And starting at 0dB is a VERY bad idea. Safe to say that something went wrong in that conversion

Update: I’ve read on another forum that this is indeed an issue with the NAD update and a patch seems to have been released. I myself have not received this patch (3.14.5), but once you reset the settings the trouble stops.