Roon 1.8 (Build 790) Feedback

All is good for me with 790.

Do you have Volume Limits set on your Zone? They can be used as a safety measure.

OK, thanks. Iā€™ve flagged Support about this.

This is IMHO not a problem of Build 790 but a change in the NAD firmware 3.14.2.
I still have build 783 installed, but I had the same issue, you described directly after installation of the NAD firmware update.
Also the display of the signal path has changed for my C658, it doesnā€˜t show any difference anymore whether Dirac is enabled or not, it always shows lossless.

Thanks! I did do that update the day before yesterday, but I was convinced Iā€™d already changed volume once or twice using Roon. But Iā€™m not sure, so it might indeed be the NAD updateā€¦

Lol, that bugged the sh*t out of me but I learned to live with it

Sadly, scrolling through tagged albums on iOS devices is still a quasi epileptic experience.

@All,

experiencing the same issue as with previous updates, that roon radio stops playing/leapfrogs forward from tidal playing.

Error finding titles.

Anybody else?

Build 790 dl for Android a short time ago.
Looks good to me

Iā€™m beginning to think there is no Android / iOS updateā€¦ LOLā€¦

Android update was live hours ago?

No IOS update yet here in western US.

Well, this time I didnā€™t have to de-authorize the running Core to get the Android remote working again after the update. So thatā€™s a win.

My tidal has stopped working in this update appears but no music available? Anyone had this? @support

Thereā€™s still no update to the iOS app. Normally, we would see it by now.

Can anyone confirm which message in the release notes is correct?

The release notes have been edited, and itā€™s clarified that there is an iOS version (build 790) coming.

It just takes very long to surface, also still not available in the German App Store.

2 Likes

Short feedback from my end. Why did you somehow ā€œminimizeā€ the search field to such an extend that someone can hardly type longer names without scrolling :frowning: Talking about my 12.9" iPad. I really loved the long search line with the long history - not sure why you cut that offā€¦ Maybe you could make it customizeable for people like me I guess we would prefer the old big box. Just a flag that says: Big search (Yes/No) :wink:

3 Likes

Add: Roon 1.8 build 790 for iOS just became available on German App Store.

Yes, please! As someone who has been doing Broadcast GFX professionally for the last 20 years, I am all too familiar with nice-looking designs that simply donā€™t work in practice.

Worse - in any given position where I stop scrolling, half the images are empty and contain only two letters.

I know that this is being worked on and more images may appear over time, but in the meantime, why not give us an option to select List View?

7 Likes

While I am very content with the new look and I think 1.8 offers countless improvements over 1.7, I must note that Iā€™m still waiting for two long-standing issues to be solved.

• Progress bar overlapping App Switcher bar on iPad Pro 11

The Roon progress bar overlaps with the App Switcher bar on iPad Pro 11". What happens is that I keep accidentally switching to the previous or the next app. This issue started somewhere prior to Roon 1.8 (when Apple introduced the app switcher bar and chose not to make it defeatable) and surprisingly the issue was made worse with the introduction of 1.8. It is still present in 1.8 Build 790.

• Playlists and My Tracks content scrolling loses finger sync when stopping or changing direction (this is a BUG)

Swiping/scrolling the playlist overview or the content of a playlist does not retain sync with the finger touch input on iPad Pro 11. It keeps slipping from under my finger when changing scrolling direction or when trying to stop the list from scrolling.

This only happens when swiping through the added tracks inside a playlist, not in the playlist overview (1 level up) or in the My Albums or My Artists overview. It does, however, also happen within the My Tracks overview. This issue started with Roon 1.8, it is still present in Build 790 and it happens on the ipad Pro 11 as well as on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

5 Likes