Discovered Tidal MASTER / MQA Albums

Just add to the list as you find stuff in Tidal or use it as a way to find MQAs in Tidal, normally there’s two copies off an album one is HIFI the other is a MASTER. This list helps you know what albums have MQA versions and share your finds with others.

I don’t think there is a way to import lists like this into Roon (would be cool if there was)

Hope this helps.

Really helpful…thanks @Andy_Merrill

1 Like

MQA, Tidal, and Roon… Please please add and publish the metadata for all “remastered” and “MASTER/MQA” albums and be transparant as to where the master source came from and what it was converted to.

Yes please! Or at least give them their own real section in Tidal.

1 Like

Just added more or less 25 albums, a bunch of indie-alternative rock (Mark Lanegan, Low, Sleater-Kinney, The Shins, Avi Buffalo, Dum Dum Girls, Wolf Parade) and a pair of Talking Heads.
I saw also a mudhoney album bit I didn’t add it to Roon so it isn’t on google sheet

1 Like

thanks andy… this is infinitely helpful! Hopefully Tidal will see that their consumers are doing this and realize they should publish/maintain a list themselves. Now off to hunt the web for tidal forums where we can shout this from the rooftops! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You Andy

1 Like

Added about 10 - 60/70s Soul and Jazz from Atlantic label.

1 Like

Added to Sabbath, Van Halen, Ray Charles, Eric Clapton, Grateful Dead, Alice Cooper, and ZZ Top.

2 Likes

An addition to what Chris said: Tidal favorites sync eventually into Roon, but you can force a sync with Settings/Services/Tidal/Edit/Sync library now.

Just found out myself.

clipping. - Splendor & Misery. IMO one of the best hip-hop releases of the year.

Added:
Anita Baker
Aretha Franklin
Charles Lloyd
Charles Mingus
Curtis Mayfield
Donny Hathaway
James Farm
Janet Jackson
Joshua Redman & Brad Mehldau
Joshua Redman
Max Roach
Miles Davis
Sergio Mendes
Talking Heads
The B-52’s
The Drifters
Tori Amos

1 Like

Hey everyone! Great work overnight (UK) adding the new MASTER albums you’ve found. I’ve been through the new ones and there seems to be some that aren’t MASTER/MQA for me so I think there must be either a delay in the updates to Tidal OR there are different albums available in each region (very likely).

To help with this I’ve added a new column to the spreadsheet (on the end to avoid clashing with Roon pasting) called “Confirmed MASTER version available in…” and added UK as the first region. Mostly for my sanity and for me to review occasionally to see if updates come through but feel free to use it as well.

Added a few more to the spreadsheet from:

Charles Mingus
Donny Hathaway
Joshua Redman
Sister Sledge

We’re now at 627 albums in the list - well done!

How do you know which ones are Masters without playing them? For example, there are like 4 different versions of Weather Report’s Heavy Weather. I presume one of them is the MQA. Is there anyway to set the Tidal app to show the file resolution without playing it and checking it out my DAC?

I just click play and see if the Master comes up, only takes a few seconds.

I’m sure this will get better sorted soon.

Just added another Jackson Browne and Matchbox Twenty Album (separately, that’s a rather unlikely collaboration :wink:

1 Like

2 J Mascis albums have been added. Tied to a Star and Several Shades of Why.

Hi @anon94274355 just curious, are these albums showing up your Tidal account as MASTER versions as they don’t in the UK (yet)?

I am scrolling through the growing Tidal MQA Master list and grateful to @Andy_Merrill for doing this. :relaxed:

As my index finger scrolls the mouse I am reminded of flipping through albums at the record store, and,

how much I sometimes like the plain, old, dumb, alphabetical, unfiltered, unfocussed, grid view of looking at my library.

1 Like

Yes their are 2 versions of each album HiFi and Master. Also here in Canada The Smiths Strangeways and Meat is Murder aren’t available in Master as some have noted.