Discovered Tidal MASTER / MQA Albums

Hi!

Instead of adding another field you can use Google spreadsheets revision history feature look under the File menu, that’s what I do.

No Black Sabbath in the Uk just now. Well not Paranoid anyways.

Chris, Sadly true, if it helps in the spreadsheet if you scroll across to column Q you can see which albums have been confirmed available in the UK. I’m keeping an eye on these, hopefully, they’ll get to us in the UK soon!

Ahhh, I must look harder. It’s all a bit slow on my old iPad.
It won’t be long though.

Hi @dpstjp further to my note earlier, to see the revision history you have to be logged in with a Google account (they are free if you haven’t got one)

1 Like

Black sabbath and others artists (for example . Bjork) or single albums (for example deep Purple - Machine Head, Talking Heads - Naked) are not available here in Italy too.

Never mind, it’s automatic (as it should be).

First time I’m using Google spreadsheet, so bear with me.
When I click on the link it opens in Safari (using iPad).
But when I install the Google Sheets app, how do I open this spreadsheet?
Especially so I can do some editing (e.g. Buena Vista is missing).

What about Metallica? I don’t even see them on Tidal, Sad But True

2 Likes

Just put the link in your signature.

Hey Tidal MQA miners: Some Rod Stewart please. Circa 1969-1975.

The new Alison Krauss single, “Losing You”.

Four Faces Classic albums are on the MQA list. First Step, Long Player A Nods as good as a wink with a classic live version of Maybe I’m Amazed (Rod at his best) and Ohh La La.
I’d love to see Smiler, Night on the Town and Atlantic Crossing too.
Enjoy

1 Like

Did Depeche Mode disappear from the listing ?

Good Idea thanks.

Looks like it! :frowning:
I think there were 2 on there. I can’t find any in UK Tidal so. If you can see them as MASTERS in Tidal can you add them back to the sheet please Nick.

Am overseas myself just now so can’t check. I thought I saw them (happily) in the xl sheet a day or so ago.

Andy,

I must be missing something. When I look at an old spreadsheet in the Revision History it just shows the spreadsheet after the revision, and does not show me what was actually revised.

Pretty hopeless if I need to quickly see what edit someone did.

When there’s been a change the line or cell is highlighted - if the user was logged they get a colour allocated. Sometimes the revision history looks like there is no changes which I think reflects someone changing something like a column width or sorting I think. Just wander down the list of changes.

Hope this helps.

re: Depeche Mode, maybe from the listing, but not on the Masters section of Tidal. They have three albums listed, “Construction Time Again”, “Speak & Tell” and “A Broken Frame.” Of course, this is in the USA.

I’m a little confused and concerned. I was under the impression that MQA is an end to end process, taking the music off the recording equipment capture it into a proprietary format that can be reopened at the moment just before amplification - giving us a version that the artist hear in the studio that today’s technology can’t capture. All this theory sounds fine, but what worries me is if my understanding is true then how is Tidal reprocessing 800+ albums in this new format in just days? Can they be getting the sound boards and processing them this fast? Is that possible? Or is Tidal taking existing hi-res files wrapping them in MQA and putting them on their site? If the latter is the case then are we only getting the same versions of the recordings we’ve been listening to but in a more efficient streaming format? If that is true (and maybe it is not) then how can it sound any better than the version is was ripped from?