Discovered Tidal MASTER / MQA Albums

Reinstated “everyone can edit mode” to the Google doc as someone changed it, annoyingly, I feel it is right and best for ALL if everyone can contribute.

That said when you’re editing please consider others and leave the structure of this document as it is. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, amazing effort Ulf, the region lock stuff is frustrating isn’t it, I want Bjork Vespertine too! Anyway, it’ll come in time I’m sure.

Any chance you could add any albums in your list to my spreadsheet at all, I know it’s an effort but I think everyone would appreciate it. No problem if you don’t though,

I went the route of having only master records in my roon library.
The end result means that I can do a simple roon export of the tracks.

It’s much harder to add stuff that are region blocked.

I found google docs not to be very responsive.

Some classical music have very complex artists and album names.

If you could import the export back into roon it would be nice.

I don’t know how it works in real life but office is supposed to allow flexible editing on a shared excel file.
You should be able to use either the free online excel or the stand alone local copy of office.

At this point I consider my excel sheets to be complete considering region block is there.

I think the region blocked spreadsheet is usable where you can add albums you can’t reach in your region but would be available with no blocking.

I’m not too sure editing a pure roon dump is wise it’s probably better to edit a secondary sheet and periodically update the dump.

I could probably “kill” the google spreadsheet with the combination of what’s in my library and what I know is region blocked. I found that the region info in the google spreadsheet was too far away from the artist/album.

Personally I use excel pretty exclusively and I’m curious how the new world of office handles multiple users.
Excel is just a superior app in my opinion.

Updating the google spreadsheet with albums in my list can be done by anyone but will probably be pretty hard and I don’t know the purpose as it increases the effort quite a bit to no gain.

if it helps in any way, I imported yours to the google spreadsheet, and filtered out the ones that don’t have exact match.
Theoretically we could just copy paste all of it, sort, and then remove duplicates, or try to add one by one the ones that actually are missing (not different spelling).

You’re right. I messed that up somehow. Withdrawn.

btw I just made it so its easier to manually merge the spreadsheets, please don’t touch that sheet, just when you see something there that’s actually not in main sheet then select the cells and copy paste (not the rows). after that if you refresh it will disappear from the filtered view of the sheet I did.

Updated available in UK column of the spreadsheet.

No “The Smiths” on the list while there are 4 albums in the Masters Tidal section.

There is Pirad, look under The Smiths :slight_smile:

There are several MQA listings Under “Masters” that are missing from this list. Example Richard Hawley.

From an Audiogon forum thread re: Tidal - offering MQA

“I found a couple by Rory Block not on the list.”

FYI

My comment: Thanks for doing this. It’s nice to watch the list grow every day. T.

1 Like

well, I filtered out whatever is already in the main sheet

For my dump I have every single master album I could find from Sweden.

Going through each artist looking for additional master albums took quite a bit of time. Usually there is a standard version as well as some kind of deluxe album.

Then we have Birdy: Beautiful Lies with 3 master copies of the normal album.

Should we remove everything except the deluxe versions?
I wish you could import back into roon which whould quickly produce a master library.

As it is now you still have to hunt the albums which for some artists can be pretty huge.

Is it just me but I’m finding Master albums in normal artist area’s and not listed on the “Masters” page? This will definitely make things more difficult when trying to put a list together…I do hope that Tidal/Roon can work together to get this shorted and make it easier to just look at ALL Master albums and not have to easter egg hunt.

1 Like

Hmm…indeed. Maybe somebody could put a spreadsheet together of what has been found in the meantime…:yum:

1 Like

I’ve been using the spreadsheet! :yum:

1 Like

Great…just pulling your leg as your post started with “is it just me…”

Clearly not as folks have found about 800 on the egg hunt. For sure this will get easier with some enhancements.

I agree! Thanks for taking it easy on me…lol

Actually, the light means you are getting the genuine MQA version. That may or may not be based on a studio master. Especially for catalog material, they may not have an actual studio master available as a starting point.

Maybe the guys at Roon can suggest the Tidal people can somehow tag the MQA/Masters versions so we can tell which version is the MQA one and which isn’t.