Discovered Tidal MASTER / MQA Albums

Maria Callas fans may like to know that there are a number of Callas Remastered albums available in MQA thru Tidal that are not listed in the spreadsheet…especially the Teatro alla Scalla ones

1 Like

Did you add them to the spreadsheet?

I counted 41 MQA Callas albums. No time for me to add them all–sorry!

Okay, this is getting weird. I am finding albums that light up the MQA indicator on my Explorer2 when played through Roon and sound wonderful but are not registering as “Master” when played through Tidal. The first few times (I think) this happened, I just figured it was a Master in Tidal and didn’t pursue. But then it happened with albums by two artists that I’ve never added in Roon or Tidal.

• Pegi Young & the Survivors - Lonely in a Crowded Room
  • Train - Does Led Zeppelin II

Can anyone confirm the two above are MQA through Roon?
Has anyone else noticed other albums in Roon that come through as MQA but do not do so through Tidal?

Well, after logging out of Tidal and logging back in, the two albums above did play as Masters. Not sure why that made a difference. Anyway, I’ll add those to the spreadsheet.

Question: Eagles Greatest Hits shown in the list, yet I can’t find it as Tidal Master. I’m in the US, and using the Windows desktop app - finding other albums and “favoriting” into Roon with no problems.

Any ideas? Thanks

Looks to have been removed from the first tab. I had looked but never found it. Don’t think it’s available in US.

This is the eagles in roon seen in Sweden.
The MQA album above which you can see is playing at 24-bit.
Sound is authenticated and is running at 192kHz through my DAC.

In the past I was able to find the MQA version of everything I saw on the list. Today I could not find the MQA version searching Tidal via Sooloos for Linda Ronstadt’s Cry Like A Rainstorm - Howl Like the Wind. Only the PCM version shows up. Anyone else have this issue?

There it is! Just not available where I am. Too bad, I’d love to hear this album in hi-res.I will eventually, on my list to buy one day. Maybe I’ll wait a little longer to see if restrictions change.

Found all 12 MPQ albums of Linda Ronstadt.

In addition I found the two album collections 70’ and 80’.

Thank you for the tip.

I am coming from the Netherlands. I cannot found Eric Clapton The Breeze in Master.

Not the smoothest of rollouts by any means. You would think given the possible magnitude of the lauch Tidal would provide a list of current offerings along with a list of upcoming releases with the release date. I have seen Eagles greatest hits on a “list” but do not see it listed in the masters when I checked last night. Could be that this is a geograhical release and its not yet availabe in in the US.

I’m not sure that the Masters list represents just those MQA albums available everywhere.

Hi guys, can’t wait to get home later tonight and update to 1.3.

I know MQA decoding is not yet available in 1.3 but has the Tidal view through Roon been updated to show which albums are MQA (or Masters as it’s shown in Tidal).

ie.e is there now a way to differentiate MQA albums in Tidal from non-MQA albums in Tidal, through Roon that is.

I created a tag called MQA. Then used that tag on all MQA albums. This automatically created a playlist under the Tag setting on the left side of the screen (where Your Stuff is located). Click on Tag . It then shows a graphic of albums and how many albums I have that are MQA. For some reason there’s also 5 other Tags all from Tidal (Metal, Classic Rock ect…). You have to do a Little wotk but it’s worth it.

Where did you get these MQA albums?
And can you automatically add that tag to all MQA albums on Tidal too?

1 Like

If you go to the top of this thread there is a link to a spreadsheet.

Best way to add to Roon that I’ve found is to open the Tidal app on your PC/Mac, log in, then use the spreadsheet to guide you. There is a “Masters” section in the Tidal app but it does not include every MQA album.

1 Like

I wonder if anybody who has them all favourited can add them to an “All MQA” playlist on tidal and share the playlist via this forum (please!)

Cheers
Tom

That is essentially what the XL sheet is isn’t it ?