Discussion about Apple networking gear

Let’s stay on topic people.

1 Like

That’s odd. I’m running my roon core on a 2010 (core 2 duo) mini until my trial expires and my NUC arrives. I have lots of ram and an SSD though. I have 33000 track and 2200 albums and it’s been really quite nice. My endpoints ar emostly airport, but I do have a RAAT endpoint (Naim uniti atom). I’m shocked at how well it runs, frankly. I often have two streams going at the same time and it’s still analyzing my library.

I agree, until recently my 2011 with 16GB of RAM and an SSD was running Roon Server AND HQPlayer very well as long as I didnt try to do any heavy upsampling. I have been thinking about reinstalling the OS from scratch to see if that helps any.

Sorry but if one has to do that then this system is NOT user friendly or ready for normal mortals who don’t have a degree in IT. I am sick of drop outs, no connects, spinning wheels etc. My network is fine for everything other than Roon. There should be a warning to users who do not want to spend half their lives or their hard earned cash chasing network issues bought on by this system.

You don’t need a degree in IT to raise a support thread to address the issues you are experiencing.

I am not IT, not even tech savvy. This forum taught me everything.

You don’t have any support threads apart from double tracks. What’s occuring?