Display Roon on TV via Chromecast

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I was playing with this last night and it is a useful feature. But, the screen is crowded and

1. the lyrics lag a little behind the music
  2. the album art is large and blocks some of the lyrics

Is there anyway to adjust the sizes or what appears on the screen as the implementation is not really that good like this?

Thanks

Hi @Phil_Knowles,

Can you share a video of what you’re seeing?

What kind of Chromecast are you using? What is the size of the screen?

Thanks!

Hi,
I was using an older Chromecast, and coincidentally just upgraded to the latest one with Google TV added. Much faster and it has solved the lag problem, so related to that piece of hardware I think.
The other element though - the album art is in towards the middle of the screen and does not need to be. So an option to move the items on screen would be useful.
The loss of the lag makes it much better though.
Thanks

Hello @Phil_Knowles,

Thanks for the feedback here and I’m glad things are working again. For the placement of the album art, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.