Displayed track and playing track out of sync

Anyone else experienced this since updating?

Noticed this when listening to Roon Radio - basically at some point the track showing as now playing on a screen is actually ahead of what is really playing. How far ahead it is depends on the length of the track i.e. if you are currently playing a track that is shorter than the one being displayed it will catch up but if longer the displayed track will move on ahead of the one you are playing.

Difficult to describe and a bit weird.

Anyway, anyone else getting the same thing?

I’ve moved your post to #support since this isn’t normal. It’d be really helpful if you could describe your setup including the control device that you observe this. Thanks.

Oh thanks.

I’ve noticed it a couple of times when I play an album and then let it carry on playing afterwards (so this is Roon Radio I think). I’ve only just updated to the new version of Roon.

I’ve got my Roon core running on a Mac laptop and then use an iPad as a controller. The display on both the Mac and the iPad are out of sync and in the same way.

I haven’t tried it on shuffle yet to see if it does the same and haven’t observed if it gets out of sync just when playing an album. I’ll make an effort to observe over the next few days though.

Hey @zanimos,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to check in on this thread to see you were still running into this issue? If so, could you please share the tracks you’re seeing this happen with? From there, we’ll be able to take a closer look into what might be going on :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes I noticed it was still doing this today.

I am using music from my own library (I don’t use Qobuz or Tidal).

I don’t think the album matters but for reference this morning I was listening to a compilation called ‘The Daisy Age’.

Basically after the album has finished and carries on playing (Roon Radio) it doesn’t immediately but at some point appears to jump a track or two ahead on the upcoming play list in terms of the display. Then it either catches up or drops behind depending on the length of the tracks.

No impact on playback.

Thanks
Adrian

Hey @zanimos,

Thank you for the info! While we dig into this further, I’d like to see if clearing your image cache may help.

Head into Settings > Setup > Clear image

Let me know if your issue persists after this :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.