Distortion + Skipping on TIDAL

I am having the same distortion and skipping of songs in Tidal and have been for at least a month. I had hoped it would resolve itself, but no luck. The sounds are very distressing, so now I’m gun shy to use Tidal.

I run on a [Intel NUC mini PC kit NUC 7i5BNK Core i5, ) I assembled this in July 2018.

It is connected via Ethernet to my QNAP hard drives and I use Node 2.1 as a music server also Ethernet connected.

I primarily access Roon from a 2019 Dell XPS.

I also use my Galaxy 8 phone and Surface pro 10.

Hi @Chip_Perry,

Does this behavior only occur for TIDAL content or does it occur on local content as well?

What audio zones are impacted by this behavior, just the Node 2?

Are other zones working properly - for example the Surface or Galaxy “System Output”?

1. only Tidal
    2.all zones, Node, KEF LSX and Linn Akurate 300 system
  2. i tried to test various inputs but Tidal just freezes on any input device and then Roon freezes and i can’t play even my own content. I reboot and start over.

Hi @Chip_Perry,

Can you try logging out and back into TIDAL via the Roon Settings -> Services tab? Is there any change in behavior following this?

Knock on wood [my forehead],that seems to have done the trick.

I would really liked to know what caused the issue and why logging out fixed it.

Thanks,

Hi @Chip_Perry,

Glad to hear that the logout/login resolved this issue! It’s hard to say what exactly caused this behavior, but there was a required change in TIDAL login security in our latest release, I suspect that logging out/in cleared up any remnants of this required change. If you have further issues please do let us know and we can take another look, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.