Instructions and resources for setting up a DIY Roon Server using Linux, Docker and a USB IR remote.
I had a spare fanless industrial PC at work, so I turned it into a streamer. Runs Roon Server and streams audio via USB DAC. My USB DAC doesn’t support digital volume, so I added a USB IR transmitter and configured the remote for my DAC. I can control my volume from a web page, and even mapped volume controls to my mouse.
- Fanless industrial PC
- Roon Server in Docker
- Web-based control of IR stereo remotes
- Logic Supply ML500 fanless industrial PC (Intel Core i7 quadcore @ 35W)
- FTDI Based USB IR Blaster
- USB DAC
- Docker Image for Roon Server for those who want containerized Roon Server
- Ansible roles for provisioning the streamer
Use Roon API to integrate IR controls within the Roon application.
Please don’t touch my stereo.