DJ Mix compilations scrobbling issues

I resubscribed after 4 years of Roon hiatus and to my surprise the following bug (or feature?) is still present.
I reported this already in 2015:

I am refering to the scrobbling issue that for DJ mix compilations for each track the DJ name is scrobbled. Which is factually wrong. Here is a DJ mix by Genlog and how it shows up on last.fm:

This is the mix in Roon:

Roon should scrobble the Performed by artist and not the DJ (album artists). At least give me the option to set this.

I really love Roon and all but this issue drives me nuts.

Hi @freelancr,

Where is this DJ mix located? Is this a TIDAL/Qobuz compilation or a local library one?

This mix and all others that have this issue are in my local library. They are not from Tidal.

Hi @freelancr,

Can you please upload the mix to Dropbox / Google Drive and private message me a link? I’d like to see if I can reproduce this behavior on my end.

@noris Did you receive my pm?

Hi @freelancr,

Thanks for pinging me again regarding this, apologies I missed your private message the first time around. I have located it and have requested that the technical team take a look at this behavior and see what is possible here.

One suggestion in the meantime - if you switch your album artist with the primary artist of the mix, does that trigger any change in behavior? You can edit the metadata of the album by right-clicking it and pressing the 3-dot drop-down menu -> Edit.

@noris
Thanks for the suggestion. I figured out that if I set the Album Artist to “Various Artists” Roon scrobbles correctly. As a workaround it works fine but it would be great to have a global switch. As I, and maybe other users, have a lot of such mix compilations.

Ok I see the problem with implementing a global option. When I focus Albums on “Compilations” Roon shows DJ mix compilations like the one mentioned in my initial post alongside single artist compilations like “Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits”.
So this means another album type is missing e.g. “DJ mix compilations”.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.