Do power cables make a difference to sound quality?

@bulldozer

I am responding late and I agree with you on the choice of terminology. Excuse me, I write and think in French which is a much richer language than English (and what about Russian?!)

So, my intention is to listen to music and to grasp all the richness of the interpretation (of a musician, an orchestra, a singer, an instrument). I personally don’t care if - depending on “the circumstances” - midrange, treble and bass are more or less “this” or “that”. It is always with a sort of dread that I read “audiophiles” looking for this kind of sound manipulation in their room.
What interests me is that the output signal of the amplifier, relayed by the speakers, is as faithful as possible to what the technician has recorded in the studio. If the recording is bad, I’ll hear bad, I’ll say that the technician (or the report) is bad. I will not blame my system and try to change all that when the essential has already been done (I refer you to my system and my listening room somewhere on this forum: Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2021-10] - #408 by Steven44)

So let me clarify my thought, yes the sound changes depending on the right power cable from the mains. I meant that the interpretation, the richness of the musical message, its aesthetic sense, etc. are not altered by the right cable. They are magnified. So, yes, in a sense, the sound is changed. But the quality of the music is not. That was the idea. Thank you for reading.

2 Likes