Does anyone have experience of Mytek Brooklyn?

I saw that Mytek have recently released an MQA certified DAC, the Mytek Brooklyn

If this was hooked up to the SonicOrbiter SE would that pass bit perfect into the Mytek?

Mytek’s Brooklyn DAC adds the kitchen sink to MQA decoding

Hi Jay,

Yes, that would be fine … the SonicOrbiter SE is acting a bridge with nothing added or taken away from the audio signal.

1 Like

OK thank you.
Still trying to finalise my main listening room. I am in the UK and can’t find where to buy the SonicOrbiter…looks like it might only be in the US… Are there any other RAAT bridges like the Orbiter available?

EDIT : I think they do ship to multiple countries via their site. Happy days.

Hi, sorry to revamp this long dormant thread but I have a question that owners of Brooklyn DAC/pre amp and the Brooklyn Amp + can hopefully answer.

In particular I’d like to know how to connect up the Brooklyn DAC/preamp with the Brooklyn Power amp, but also using a subwoofer. I will also be using XLR cables for the first time ever!!

I’ve never had a pre amp and power amp before, just an integrated amp but hopefully what I’m proposing to do here should work and not fry anything!!

I currently have the Brooklyn DAC/pre amp and am awaiting delivery of the Brooklyn Amp + tomorrow
So I was thinking I could go XLR Out from the DAC/preamp to XLR In on the power amp using my brand new XLR cables (coming Friday). And then use a coax digital cable from one of the RCA outs (either L or R, not sure if it matters) on the back of the DAC/pre amp to the Sub in of the Subwoofer, which is a Cambridge Audio minx X201.

If it helps here are the manuals

Manual for Brooklyn DAC/preamp

Manual for the Brooklyn Power Amp

Thanks

Try calling Mytek directly. I’ve called them in the past, albeit at least a couple of years ago, and they were very helpful and pleasant.

1 Like

Deleted post