Does Pioneer N 50AE work with Roon?

Hi All,

I am thinking in buying a new streamer, to move away from my Rpi + DigiPlus solution, and found the Pioneer N 50AE a possible contender, seem What HiFi has reviewed it has a great device, however I am not shore if I can control it with the roon app. Does anyone have one, and can it be controlled with roon?

Thanks in advance

Filipe

Pioneer is not a Roon partner so is not Roon Ready. If it’s supports Chromecast or Airplay then you can use that method on it but it’s not full RAAT integration you have now with a PI.

Just looked it up it’s UPnP or Airplay. I would stick with the pi as Airplay is locked to max of 44.1

If you already have Roon why not look for a Metrum Acoustics Ambre which is excellent in the audiophile field

1 Like

Hi All,

The Pioneer is Airplay. Guess I could use it that way, but with a 44.1 k limitation, then it is not with buying.

I’ve looked at the Metro Acustics Airies , and it uses rpi has a means of communication, and from what I read about it it’s great when connected via a I2S connection, however I do not have a Dac that allows for a I2S input.

Today , I was looking at the bluesound Node 2i, lots of good reviews, but no DSD.Does anyone have experience with it? What sound character could I expect out of the RCA output?

Thanks in advance

Filipe

I use the node2 not the 2i as my 2nd system and its pretty good for what it is. I found it was a step up from the Allo USBridge I was using previously with a separate DAC.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Regarding your node 2, Do you have it conected over RCA or coaxia/toslink?

Also, when you push music through roon to the node 2 are you using any type of upscale?

How do you cope with DSD, on roon for your node 2?

Many thanks in advance

Filipe

I use RCA out to my active speakers. I don’t have any DSD I am afraid but the Node 2 does not support native DSD anyway, Roon would convert to PCM as does the BlueSound apps on windows and mac.