Does Roon re-identify albums when files are re-tagged, renamed or moved and other questions

Good question, the Human I showed in my screenshot is my primary version and that’s the 8 track from Qobuz with release date shown as 4 April 2011.

Qobuz also has the 49 track, release date shown as 21 June 2011. It appears as another version of Human under the Versions tab (I have the Show Hidden Tracks and Albums setting to off) and it’s of course identified and has the same genres:

Human is of course a pretty huge album and should normally be identified. If it is unidentified, Roon does not assign any metadata to it, and hence no genres. (How could it - unidentified means that it does not know what this is).

You can click on “Unidentified” and then try to find the right one in the list and assign it. Or click the (…) button for the album and then Edit, there you can also do things like identify

However, with well known albums like this it should not be necessary and auto-identified. I think something is wrong with your imports or file tags. As this is a 2 CD album, did you follow the guidelines for disk sets?

Do you have streaming services at all? You should have at least one identified album by an artist in the library to get reliable artist matching, if there is more than one artist with the same name (and a streaming service is the easiest way to find an identified album). Else it can pick an arbitrary one or create a new one with the same name when you add a new album to the library.
It also happens when editing other credits within Roon.