Does Support actually pay attention when we complain app still locks up all the time

Roon Server Machine

Roon Nucleus…all updates

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Nighthawk, Ethernet, consistently over 500 Mbp

Connected Audio Devices

Holo Spring 3 KTE DAC via USB from Nucleus

Number of Tracks in Library

Roon can't figure out how many tracks after 4 minutes of just spinning and thinking....of course i had to reboot the app for it to function. 559 albums. Don't know how to tell how many tracks...app doesn't show total.

Description of Issue

Over the last 2+ years of having a Roon Nucleus and using Roon Remote, I have wondered how is it possible that this app is not as good as Spotify was in 2012, has one of the worst database search functions possible, no way to share with other Roon friends…just very outdated functionality. So many features not there and such terrible performance.

Last week after the most recent of many many too many updates, deleting and reinstalling the app to my phone and ipad that controls the app for my Nucleus and it locks up far more that it always has before…just like it does on my friends same type of system. I think the app is getting worse rather than better after so many updates.

My complaints in the past always came with no solution…kinda like Roon just doesn’t acknowledge this major issue. I don’t think i should have to pay so much for an app that works far worse than other “beta” versions of apps.

Please fix this thing or you can start reimbursing me each time it locks up…several times a day

Follow-up. Today for the first time since last update Roon actually played music when i touched the play button after it had been sitting for awhile. I was pleasantly suprised I didn’t have to close the app and go back in…

Lucky chance it will return.

I suspect Spotify has an app dev budget much larger than Roon’s. Just a guess!?

On the whole functionality additions are welcome, but I’m not sure poor performance from the app is shared by all users.

There is heaps of great information on this forum about network stability and optimisation for Roon. If you have genuine software faults Roon should pay attention, eventually.

My 2 cents….
Run through the basic network optimisations, ensure you’re not running wifi and see if these strategies help.

Ie.
Set a static IP for all audio devices.

Point to Goolges DNS

Ensure all connections are wired

Reboot you router, switch and all audio devices, including phone

Reinstall Roon app….

Etc etc plenty on this forum, no point repeating.

There is a known issue with remote stability at the moment that Roon have aknowledged, but no fix as of yet. It has nothing to do with networks.

What issue?

Search thee will find. Been an issue since the November update,

This is mine on of many that keep popping up may others all with same issues. Two causes of it they have identified, txt entry left in the filter box affects all remotes on any platform or on ios and android when deivce goes to sleep or app in background. It doesnt affect everyone but it is very prevelant and comes and goes.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ios-glitches-with-ui-and-app-stops-working-after-inactivity-iphone-13-ipad-12-others-investigating/256350/104

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t really spend anytime on this forum anymore.
Your issue sucks, sorry for that.

I haven’t had any issues, touch wood.

At least Roon have admitted there is an issue, rather than just ignoring your thread.
I have a few threads with DSP related faults found, tickets raised with zero action.

Hi @Kent_Wood,

Are you still experiencing any technical support issues?

Any feedback is always appreciated but needs to be added to our Feedback channel. Thank you!