Does the new Roon update work?

No problems at all. All working great.

Yes use Qubuz but seems also to be problem with my library. Also skipping tracks now from Qubuz playlists

Logon problem with both Qobuz and Tidal

Yes, incredibly annoying and jarring.

Yes, for me Qobuz and local library problem also.
As an experiment try changing the res on your qobuz account to CD quality rather than hi-res.
This seems to have worked for me even, weirdly enough, for local library.

Should I change settings on buffer for my end point Moon Mind 2?

Dunno, all I changed was Qobuz.

Let me know what happens, maybe we can officially take this up with Roon once again.

Worked perfectly for me. It took a little while to redo the files.

John

Quite funny: I was wondering where that new standby option selection is in German languge setup. Just not there. Switched to English and it appeared…

Running on a Nucleus +, all of my problems seem to be gone, things seem to happen much faster.

Working, however it needed to rebuild whole database which took some time. I assume that at NAS systems that can be reallllly long…

I run a Roon Core/Server on my MAC Mini (dedicated to Roon)and also use my MAC desktop as a remote so I can use custom Convolutions for Room Correction. All is good! I use an iPad Pro for remote control!

Finally I got my Roon Core back to work. After getting the “initialise” error and rebooting the Core software a couple of times on my Synology NAS, it started working again. I runs now as expected.

Actually very happy, because it fixed a major issue I had playing DSD tracks while using the Speaker Settings feature. It was not working before, and now it is, so as far as I’m concerned, this is a fantastic update.

1 Like

After some further investigation it appears they fixed my issue in Build 536, not 537.

Core on Windows 10: Build 536 updated without issue. Build 537 updated without issue. A-OK.

NO. It doesn’t work in my setup. Its a MacMini i5 with the most recent MacOS. The clients/remotes all went fine, the core not. After numerous reboots etc. the update procedure starts, downloads, starts to install and then stops with “Es ist ein Fehler bei der Update-Anfrage aufgetreten” (sorry for german)…

What to do? Stay with the older build?

Best wishes
Bernie

Tag support to get it fixed

1. Back up your Roon library.using Settings==>Backups==>Backup Now.
  2. Delete Roon from Mini. See this thread (among others) -
    How to uninstall Roon completely..DB or something appears broken
  3. Download and install a fresh Roon.
  4. Restore library using Settings==>Backups==>Find Backups

A recent backup is always good, but re-downloading Roon, copying it to the Applications folder (replacing the older version), and running it might be all that’s needed. I think this will kick off a database update if necessary.

1 Like

It worked. A complete reinstall and restore from backup fixed the issue…

Cheers
Bernie

1 Like