Does the newest build run on MacOS 10.13.6

Roon Core Machine

QNAP, but need to move core to Mac and back to avoid problems

Number of Tracks in Library

90.000 tracks

Description of Issue

I’m running MacOS 10.13.6 and on the system requirements page i see that Roon needs 10.14+. Does the newest build really needs 10.14+? I want to update my core on NAS (see Can i safely update? - #14 by simon_pepper) but i have an old mac.

I was recently running Roon Remote 1.8 build 898 on a 12-year old Macbook Air running 10.13.6 that I used as a streamer/endpoint. No issues. However, I just upgraded it to Monterey using OpenCore Legacy Patcher so I’m good for another few years.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think i gonna try patches to upgrade. I work at home and need my computer and have no backup machine unfortunately :slight_smile:

Hi, in my case Roon App works in High Sierra, but sadly with an issue. The issue is that the album artwork is distorted or mismatched. You can take a look in my post here. Sadly it has not been solved, even though support has the logs and everything they asked for. Hopefully it is a bug and it will be solved in the near future.
I’m using an iMac for “controlling” Roon and not for the core (which I understand that might have “higher minimum requirements” to work properly). This “old” computers are perfect for this use. Maybe I’m the only one with this problem so far, but take it into account.
It would be great if Roon can officially support OS’s that are older than only 4 years, at least for remotes. It would be a great commitment from their part and would make happy a lot of people, if not now, in the near future for sure.
You can try it and see if it works, corroborating that I’m just the only one with this problem ;·)

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.