Downgrade If I dont Like 1.8

But they won’t.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Why did they moderate your post?

We need to accept 1.7 is dead. Even if you could roll back, it will fade away and be unsupported anyway.
So, what to do?
Embrace 1.8 despite the fact one doesn’t like change (the only constant in life) Then use 1.8 giving oneself time to get used to it.
Make notes and forward constructive suggestions to the Roon team with reasons and use examples.
Report bugs in the software or hardware compatibility, as Roon need to be aware of this stuff so they can fix it.
The other alternative is to find another software package that suits your needs.

1 Like

done! downloaded and reversed the upgrade… thank you!

now I will remain with 1.7 until an upgrade that will really be an upgrade and not just maquillage

5 Likes

bugs…
a bug is useless listening statistic… I’m music listener not service dealer or a maniac for numbers
a bug is… is it fixed the hyper-buggy backup?
a bug is… why we have to accept those round shaped immages holy field style? (simply terrible!)
a bug is… why I can’t decide how many cover art I want in my wall on my tablet?
a bug is… why can’t I decide how big I want the letters in my text?
a bug is… if at home we are two using Roon and we have different music taste why we can’t have to different profile to display only the preferences of each instead of everything?

5 Likes

are you kidding?
have you seen the very long thread with the feature requests that Roon’s customers (that’s what we are!) have made over the years?
what more needs to be done?

3 Likes

Yes, but if I was Roon, I wouldn’t bother reading through a whole load of vitriol on here. I would however be looking for constructive feedback.
If you have done this, great…

1 Like

+1 - There’s a hugely long request for mobile music sync that has been “on the roadmap” for 4 years…
I’d rather they use the valuable time to increase functionality like this.

1 Like

Again, if you had listened to the recent podcast with the Roon people, you would have some insight into this and much more

How did you get an older version of Roon Remote that works with Version 1.7? I don’t have the time now to upgrade to Roon 1.8 so for the time being I am sticking with Roon !.7 though not having the Roon Remote is changing the way that I have controlled Roon remotely. But I have learned how important it is to have an archive, backup or duplicate set of files in case something doesn’t work as well as it previously worked, especially if the software vendor is not making it easy or possible to roll back the new version to a previous version that was working fine. The other lesson I realize I have to remember is not to have all your eggs in one basket. So while I enjoy using Roon, having or using other alternative music software programs only makes sense.

4 Likes

I’ve downloaded the Roon Remote 1.7 from Apkpure ( thks StopMakingSense) and installed in my Android mobile … luckily I didn’t upgrade my tablet and my NUC

2 Likes

no vitriol here… I’m a lifetime subscriber and I love some features of Roon… the fact that run on NUC under Linux and not only in that sh1tty Win10… the fantastic DSP… the possibility to discover every day new music just following the suggestions …

what I don’t like is listed above in bugs list… I’m not interested in any podcast but just in having few important/useful adjustment in daily use … no maquillage, no statistics, I’m not a 16 years old boy… reliable and smooth is my target

4 Likes

They aren’t bugs, just wishes.

2 Likes

There was me thinking a curious mind would like to take the trouble to find out a little about the designers thoughts and ideas in a conversational way giving a greater perspective on the past history and future direction of Roon… Why, what, when, where? Ahhh well… You can’t make them drink…

In case you have recent backups from all your iOS devices from pre February 9th you could try to revert back to those backed upped states (after backing up your current state) and that way you might be able to get the 1.7 iOS app back.

After quite some trial and error I achieved just that. I wrote about it in more detail in this thread: Roon 1.8 - where can I see tags & playlists for a track? - #112 by naja

What’s to point downgrading as it won’t last forever, you will have to either quit Roon or upgrade anyway…
Embrace the new, it’s great…

For me 1.8 is also a big step BACK, personally…But do so some of you remember Windows Vista :wink: Maybe a next upcoming version in the future will make us all happy again.

And for the design: Some people ought to be blind and have to invent the wheel completly new, mostly a problem of newer developers/designers…yes there can always be improvements but also major drawbacks and design wise for 1.8 (for me!) a good and already flawless (in my opinion) one got really destroyed in a way I can only shake my head…

So long,

Armin

4 Likes

Can anyone with 1.7 for either desktop PC or Android message me, please? The PC installer I have on my external hard drive is over three years old. Thank you much!

Might be officially unsupported, but, it shouldn’t be a crime for the user base to help each other out, right?

1 Like

i just need a copy of the roon.ipa for iphone/ipad and I can easily upload it to the device and install it. I just haven’t saved any of the old ipas as I haven’t even backed up my phone in the last year. lol

it has taken me longer to type this message than it would for me to install that .ipa if i had it. but i don’ t have it.

Use the Wayback Machine from the Internet Archive, it has a snapshot of the Roon downloads page from last year (Build 610).

Obviously ensure your database is backed up - tinker at your own risk.

I employed a fresh Win install - new database etc… without issue - as a temporary measure until updates to 1.8 are released. I can’t comment upon rolling back an existing 1.8 database.

1 Like