Downgrading between Roon 2.0 and Roon 1.8

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+

Description of Issue

How to downgrade to 1.8. According to the instructions from the section, it does not work.

1 Like

You need to follow exactly the instructions here. However, they are not really complete because although they say:

You will need to install the Roon 1.8 legacy app on a Roon Remote/iOS device first before being able to take the downgrade

what they don’t say is that you must keep the legacy Roon remote open while carrying out the downgrade to 1.8 on the Nucleus. I had a number of futile downgrade attempts until I appreciated that was what was needed. After I did that the downgrade worked.

Stephen

1 Like

Hey @Vadim_Lvov,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

After reviewing your account, it looks like you’ve since then been able to successfully downgrade your Nucleus to 1.8 legacy. Certainly let me know if this is not the case :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, everything is fine, the issue is resolved. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.