Downloaded OS X update and now Roon won't play

Everything in Roon seems fine except it won’t play. I click on the RIGHT ARROW and it changes to the PAUSE symbol for a micro-second then reverts to the RIGHT ARROW. No music. Apple suggested I re-download the Roon software… This concerns me since Apple has historically said stuff like this (used to be the entire OS!) and it is just busy work that can really screw up things. Please advise.
Thanks,
Mike

When I look at the downloads for Roon, there are many, many possibilities - Roon, Roon Server, etc. How do I know which one to download (assuming I am going to download and re-install the software)?
Thanks,
Mike

Wow, some “service!” An hour, 18 views and the only “reply” is my own elaboration on the situation! The Roon download (again, I have to make assumptions in the vacuum here) comes in “control,” “core,” and “output.” Since it has been seven months or so since I set up Roon, I have no idea what I did initially although it has been working fine until the current OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 update. I am going to guess that “control” is for the iPad that I use to control Roon and that “core” is the download that I want in this situation. I would sure appreciate some feedback on this strategy…
Thanks,
Mike

You’re either using Roon or Roon Server on your computer. Is there an icon on the top right bar of your screen or is the Roon icon in the dock on the bottom of the screen?

Or go into your applications folder and see if it says Roon or Roon Server.

Cheers, Greg

Greg:
Thanks. I am apparently using Roon (versus Roon server). There is still the issue of “control,” “core’” or “output” to figure out.
Mike

Greg:
Can I assume then that you are agreeing with Apple and that re-downloading the Roon application is what I need to do to get my music back?
Thanks,
Mike

Not necessarily. Although it probably won’t hurt to reinstall the app, I’m not sure that would be the issue.

Maybe tell us a bit about your setup. Where is you music located? Is it on a hard drive connected to the computer or is it on a NAS? See this thread.

Also, it would be a good idea to quit the app, and restart the computer and router, etc. And see if that helps.

I update my Mac OS X a couple of days ago and everything went fine.

Cheers, Greg