Downloading Roon on Mac - 'the application "diskImageMounter" can't be opened

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Starting a 14 day free trial. Have downloaded roon.dmg onto a Mac but then nothing happens. I get the message 'the application “diskImageMounter” can’t be opened.
Not a great start.

Do you have the same problem with other DMG files?

It’s the first time I’ve come across this problem, so I don’t know.

Something you should try to quickly determine how to find the root cause.

Does the error come with a fault code as well? For example -36.

It says -10668

What version of macOS are you running? Please click on the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, and choose About This Mac. You should see the macOS name, such as macOS Monterey or macOS Big Sur, followed by its version number. Thanks.

macOs Catalina version 10.15.7

You can use the disk utility to verify that the image is valid also if memory serves.

That error isn’t a Roon problem.

There are various ways MacOS can get into a state where diskImageMounter stops working. Have you tried rebooting? Did you recently do an OS update? Have you tried opening other .dmg files after that update or recently?

Also, check the file size, I just downloaded it and got 445502575
$ md5 Roon.dmg
MD5 (Roon.dmg) = 881c91bc76f1c1228dd8efd35373998f

I don’t think Roon publishes checksums so someone else needs to verify that as 1 unofficial checksum should not be trusted.

1 Like

Nice one.

And indeed, some basic troubleshooting as you describe is necessary to be of further help. I was also interested to know if this issue happens with other DMG files as well.

Thanks for your help. Other DMG files seem to open file. I rebooted last night, same problem. When I rebooted this morning it worked fine. Figure that one out!

3 Likes

Haha, that is rather remarkable! Glad it all worked out!

YARN | Have you tried turning it off and on again? | The IT ...

And again…
Glad it’s all working for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.