Downloads not part of library?

Is it true that downloads are not part of the library when offline? So I can only access downloads by manually playing it from the downloads tab?

Also it is not possible to use Siri?
Is it only playing downloaded music when online?

What do you mean with downloads is not part of the library when offline? When I play albums from library I can see by the icon next to the track if the song is downloaded or not

If you are offline, you can still go to My Albums and tap the button to show only offline albums. (And if you enable ARC’s offline mode in Settings, this button is enabled by default).

No, you can listen to downloaded albums for 14 days without any network connection. However, the phone needs to be able to make a license check with Roon servers once in 14 days. But this is a low-bandwidth check only.

However, there was a bug that caused older downloads not to play until you played them once while being online. I don’t know if this was fixed:

Not true, it works. (I just tried). However, you need to tell Siri to play something “in the Roon ARC app”. Otherwise it will try to use another app you may have installed, like the Qobuz app. After doing this several times, it should learn that you always want to use ARC, so you don’t have to repeat it forever.

This has worked since 2024:

Thanks, I found the issue.
I have to be connected to the server otherwise it won’t work using Siri. I was hoping to use ARC without VPN enabled.

Does the 14 day limit apply to my own music as well?

Isn’t that more a case of Siri not working when offline? I just tried and when I’m offline Siri CSV be summoned but it doesn’t seem to be able to do much - it won’t attempt to play anything from the Qobuz app either, but it doesn’t say anything like “can’t do this, you are offline”. It just sits there.

Yes, unfortunately. In any case, downloads are always your own music in the first place

I do have internet, but no connection to Roon.

If “to Roon” means to your own RoonServer, it doesn’t seen to be necessary, as quoted further up:

Yes, but Siri somehow doesn’t work if it isn’t connected.