Downsampling / SPDIF Question

Hi – I’ve downloaded Roon and am trying it now. My DAC is limited to 24/96. I have some 24/192 and DSD albums. On other players, I can downsample these to 24/96 so I can play them without issue. Is there any way to do anything similar in Roon?

Separately, I am using a SPDIF bridge to get to my DAC, and occasionally it has issues switching between sample rates (it uses the old M2Tech drivers). On other players, there is a way to stop playing / release the signal, so that the SPDIF bridge will recognize the new song / new sample rate without getting caught up in the changed sample rate. Is there any way to do this on Roon?

Other than this, it looks (and sounds) great!

Richard

On other players, I can downsample these to 24/96 so I can play them without issue. Is there any way to do anything similar in Roon?

Not today, but this is on my todo list. We have downsamplers, but we are missing the configuration option to activate them (right now, they’re activated automatically when sound cards refuse to accept a signal). Soon!

On other players, there is a way to stop playing / release the signal, so that the SPDIF bridge will recognize the new song / new sample rate without getting caught up in the changed sample rate. Is there any way to do this on Roon?

I think it’s just doing something like stop signal, wait 1-2s, start signal, right?

If so, we can totally add this as a configuration option. If not, tell me more about what you think your bridge needs. I’m sure we can help you solve this.

Hey Brian – Thanks for your quick reply (and late at night, to boot).

The down sampler, is I think the key for me. I’ll hold off on my second point (because the down sampling may fix it altogether).

Keep on working, Roon should be great.