Dragonfly Red/Cobalt Roon endpoint

Hello

Any ideas on how can I set up a Dragonfly DAC to act as Roon endpoint with my LG V30 and is the Cobalt any different from the red & black given this mornings email from Roon about Cobalt?

Many thanks

I am not sure about your LG device You will need to check if it supports something like Samsung’s “On The Go” i.e. it allows a direct USB connection to say a flash drive . I cant see anything about that in the spec , you could try and see if you can read a flash drive. BTW it seems to have a tasty DAC itself ( ESS SABRE 9228

As far as Cobalt is concerned Its a different DAC to Red & Black. The one big thing about The Red and the Cobalt is the 2.1V output meaning it can drive high impedance Headphones. My Red drives my Senheiser HD800 (600 ohm)

Setting it up as an enddpoint is simple as long as it supports USB , the Cobalt comes with a Dragon Tail ie USB to USB cable , just plug it in activate under Audio in Roon’s Setting and PLAY …

COBALT’S PRECEDENT-SETTING PERFORMANCE IS MADE POSSIBLE BY MULTIPLE SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES:

• New, more advanced ESS ES9038Q2M DAC chip with a minimum-phase slow roll-off filter for more natural sound.
  • Microchip’s superb PIC32MX274 microprocessor draws less current and increases processing speed by 33%.
  • Improved power-supply filtering that specifically increases immunity to WiFi, Bluetooth, and cellular noise.
  • Includes a form-fitting DragonTail female USB-A to male USB-C Adaptor.
    All DragonTails use AQ’s Carbon-level USB cable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.