Dropouts and Playback Issues

Yep, happening to me too, just stops playing. My files or Qobuz. This morning, I started a song from a cd rip, went to brush my teeth, came back to silence. Figuring it had ended, I selected the next track.
It started playing but Roon indicated the old track was still playing even though I was hearing the new track, my remote did not update, even though new music was playing. Playback stopped at the end of the song. I had to manually pause the 1st track (even though it was not playing) from the track list and select a new track to get the remote and the music to sync and show the same music as I was hearing,. At the end of this song, the next song is selected but does not start.
Roon has lost track of what it is doing.

Sounds like dodgy wi fi , we’re you using the microwave ?

Nope, not on wifi. This is a roon problem. The remote sends the command, roon follows instructions, plays the cd rip and just stops at the end of the song, the next song gets selected but does not play.

The remote is using wi fi I assume ?

I have a similar problem occasionally , I use an iPad then Bluetooth to a speaker in the kitchen, dodgy wi fi causes exactly that issue.

My Ethernet connected end point never blips just a thought

Maybe describe the whole set up so people can suggest cures

PS what file types, hi res ?, CD ?

Another odd symptom. Music is playing from a cd rip, I hear it fine. The progress slider does not move, It just sits unmoving as if no playback is happening. Observed on remote and desktop. Roon has dementia.

The remote cannot be the problem. It sends a command. Core follows the command. The remote is out of the picture now. roon has taken over and the remote just displays stuff. It’s the core that stops playing. My end point is ethernet connected, but networking is not the issue. roon selects the next song but does not play it.

Is there a repository somewhere of previous builds? I wen thru skipping during playback and the current failures from different updates and I just want it all to end. I’d like to go back in time maybe 6 months, when everything was fine. Like bios updates, no need to update if the change doesn’t affect you.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

There is no repository of previous builds. Roon Labs do not guarantee previous builds will continue to work.

Hi @Clark_Mobley

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this stop happen for all endpoints? What if you play to System Output?

likely fix found. Roon Radio is selected in settings. With the file selected, I used the down arrow next to play now and found I had to turn on Roon Radio manually for that file. It is now working. Selected a new cd rip and had to turn on roon radio manually again. Selected a Qobuz album and had to turn roon radio on again manually. That setting used to stick to On. So, this is new.

My bad it has topped working correctly. I’ll wait for the fix as this has been submitted by many users. As for previous builds and Roon’s policy, this needs to be revisited. I can always go back to any bios, I should be able to roll Roon back to any version and not have to participate in a laborious support ticket. I am the customer, remember? My satisfaction is your responsibility. Folks, don’t bother trying to defend Roon here with all the wheedling about how difficult all this is for them. I paid good money for this and making things easier for the client is what I pay for and what they are responsible for. I am not part of a community of developers, I am a customer who requires ease of use. This is a roon problem that requires a roon solution.

Hi @Clark_Mobley

Unfortunately, downgrading is not supported. I understand that can be frustrating, but we are here to help get things working for you!

While there are certainly other reports that have come up, the vast majority of our customers aren’t reporting this issue. That’s not to say there isn’t a problem we need to fix, but it is clear there are certain conditions that could trigger an issue like this, and understanding those conditions will help us get to a quicker resolution.

I understand that troubleshooting isn’t always easy, though, so if you’d rather wait until a future update to see if things get resolved that is an option, but please note that without understanding why this issue is happening it is hard to say whether or not any future updates will for sure fix this for you.

2 issues

1. playback always stops, the queue is full of music but at best playback stops after 2 songs, album, playlist, my files or qobuz it is universal. Turning on radio does not help, turning off radio does not help. I uninstalled and reinstalled, did not help.
  2. playback bar never initiates, no progress is shown while music is playing. I can click along the bar and get different sections of the song but it remains unaffected showing no progress.
    Windows 10 I7 6700 skylake , Asus H110-A/M.2, 32 gb ram, local storage SSD 860 EVO 1 TB 411 albums
    fidelizer network player setting. hqplayer to rpi/pi2aes, i2s to Sonnet Morpheus
    Network ethernet to Cisco 100 mb switch or Trendnet 1 gb switch,
    rpi/pi2aes from same switch, internet from switch/ethernet, powerline networking to netgear r7800 router downstairs.
    hqplayer directly plays fine with no interruptions, 10 to 11 mbps rate
    throughput is not an issue