Dropouts from ext hard drive to NUC?

Hi! I have a NUC (BXNUC10i7FNH1) running ROCK with library attached via external Lacie Rugged hard drive, directly to NUC. I’ve just begun to build my digital library and its very small, maybe 40 albums.

I’m experiencing dropout on tracks from my library but not Quboz. I don’t see any real pattern to the dropouts; it could be the tenth track on an album or the first 30 seconds of the opening track. When this happens, the music stops and it appears as though it attempts to fetch the next track or sometimes 3 or 4 of the next tracks, but never plays. I have to then try to locate where I’ve left off and restart.

I’ve attached a photo, but I’m not sure if it’s helpful.

Fill in the following

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

I have Intel NUC running ROCK connected via Ethernet to Google mesh point in bedroom. Files are sent to OpticalRendu running Roon Lite, which is connected to Optical Module Deluxe via Ethernet to TP link network switch attached to Google wifi link directly to Fiber outlet. The OR feeds my Benchmark HGC3 DAC

The dropouts are most likely network related. You may need to consider simplifying your network in stages to eliminate where the issue might be.

Try using DSP Engine to resample to 44.1kHz. if the dropout disappears, you have a network problem.

Otherwise connect the drive to a computer, run a SMART hdd report tool freeware and paste the full report here with raw values.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.