DSD 256 plays as PCM 352.8 even though enabled to play 256

Latest roon build 1.30. My W4S Dac2 DSDse is enabled to play DSD256 without the need for ASIO drivers on a Mac Mini mid 2011, i7, 16GB Ram. OSX 10.10.4. DSD 64 and 128 play w/o issue. My setup follows the Preference for my device, e.g., Output Settings: Use exclusive mode, & Fixed volume checked; Max SR PCM disabled; Resync Delay Oms; DSD Playback strategy beta DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP; Max DSD SR (DoP) disabled. With these settings DSD 64 and 128 plays. But 256 down samples to PCM 352.8. Is there a solution for me. Source of my information re Dac is the designer, EJ Sarmento.

Appreciate help. Best,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Take a look at @brian’s post here. We’re working on support for DSD256 over DoP, but not quite there yet.

Thanks for the detailed report! Hope to have an update for you soon @REShaman.

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I am relatively a new user having purchased a life-time membership on July 11th, and I am finding my way around roon which I love.

Your reference to Brian’s post was pertinent and very helpful as I was not aware of the state of the latest build. My Dac can 384/32 PCM and DSD To 512. I now understand that my OSX and Dac combination at DSD 256 is not yet supported even ASIO drivers are not required for my Dac with OSX with the requirement of roon present process for requiring DoP for Mac users.

I hope this state for using DSD 256 on a Mac will be implemented at some time in the near future. I realize roon’s plate is full.

With appreciation for the information. Good fortune with the development.

Richard