DSD DOP 64 on Hifiberry Digi + Pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 core i7 3770k Roon updated.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet home LAN all cable no WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon end point Hifiberry Digi + Pro.

Description Of Issue
Hifiberry Digi + using Roon image can‘t do DSD DOP 64. I thought this would be possible.

Why can’t Roon DSD 64 DOP on the Hifiberry Digi + while some Linux distributions (picoreplayer) can

Would this be added in the future or there is some setting I have to configure to enable this feature?

Thanks and excuse my English

Hugo Castillo

What software exactly on the Digi + pro? Ropieee? Something else?

I’m just using the roon image no other software but I read that picoreplayer with roon can do dsd dop

Welcome to the forum, Castillo.

What image (distro) are you running on the Pi? You should have no issue playing DSD64 with Roon and the Hifiberry. I have an Allo DigiOne (SPDIF) and use Ropieee without issue–that’s worth a try since it supports Hifiberry hardware.

Also, please explain what happens when you attempt to play DSD. Is there a message or simply no sound? Please share an screenshot of the Signal Path when

Hi I’m a noob so I just downloaded the roon client offered by hifiberry in its website and flash a micro sd card with it, I’m not using any other software.
When I play a dsd file roon just converts it to a pcm file on the fly. My dac can handle dsd dop and I would prefer to listen to the original file no changes made by roon.

I recommend that you go to https://www.ropieee.org/ and download this image. You’ll be up and running in 5 minutes. Also, can you confirm that you have setup the zone correctly and enabled DoP in the DSD Strategy setting. You’ll find this under Device Setup. (You may have Convert to PCM enabled)

Because you are using SPDIF, Roon will not see the DAC. Therefore, you may need to manually configure the endpoint to suit the DAC’s specification.

There is no option to configure dsd files in the device setup
I guess the roon image just doesn’t have this feature. I will try with riopee or picoreplayer. I simply thought I was missing something.

You may well be. If you go into device setup where you enable and name your Roon endpoint you will see the playback strategy option. Choose DOP there and it should work.

There is no such option

That looks like the Roon Ready options I see when there is config to be done on the device itself. I don’t know how to do that on a Digi +. On my microRendu there is a web admin page. On my streamer there is an app.

Hi Henry
I just installed picoreplayer and it’s working fine
Thanks for your help anyway

1 Like

Hi @Hugo_Castillo1,

Glad to hear that Picoreplayer is working as expected with DSD output! Since it appears that the issue is resolved, I will go ahead and close this thread, but if you have any further issues please do feel free to reach out to us again!

Ok thanks
I’m trying ropieee right know and comparing it to picoreplayer
Both work fine so far…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.