DSD ISO Support

Though it is an option to convert, it is not practical, especially for those with hundreds or even thousands of ISOs.
I realize storage is cheap, but it is silly to convert all your ISOs to DSF and have two copies.
Also, deleting the ISO after conversion isn’t an option since most like to keep it for archiving, and the ISO also contains multichannel which is nice to have for the future (for those only converting the stereo tracks).

First I never said it wasn’t a script, just something that works well and automates a few steps into one. Easy and reliable for me and I can do one, fifty, or hundreds via a batch file.

Interesting you have had issues extracting.

I have many hundreds of SACD’s which I extracted to ISO’s (for archiving) then extracted to DSF files later. I have not had an issue with any of them extracting to DSF files - and with no clicks. Some meta data issues here and there but that is album based and not an extraction issue and are easily fixed with mp3tag.

Agree, keep the ISO’s for extraction to MCH in the future - excellent point. And of course backups of these files too, including an offsite copy.

Yes, totally agree. I meant to say just that there’s really only one free code base that does the extraction, and it’s not perfect.

+1 for DSD ISO support.

I currently switch to foobar or jriver to play iso images and would like to stay within roon.

2 Likes

and another +1 for DSD ISO support. I am also getting tired of having to switch to jriver for my SACD-ISOs

2 Likes

Yeah +1 but more a nice to have as I have split all the ISO files into dsf tracks anyway

+1, because Roon is targeted at music lovers

2 Likes

+1 for DSD iso support

2 Likes

another +1 for ISO support

2 Likes
  • 1 for DSD iso support

Max

2 Likes

Exactly what I do (jRiver for .iso.) I would prefer to use Roon for all my listening.

2 Likes

+1 iso support

2 Likes

Does anyone know if it will ever be implemented?

1 Like

In May @danny said that it could be implemented if demand is there (see above).

For now there are other things that are more important (see recent Squeezebox and HQPlayer implementation) and even the RoonSpeakers applications haven’t been published yet.
My guess is that once the core components are finished there will be some time for SACD ISO implementation.

I am really eager to see SACD ISO being supported by Roon, but even if I don’t use Squeezeboxes or HQPlayer I support the decision to put those things first, because this will expose Roon to even more people, which leads to the company making more money, which in turn benefits all of us.

2 Likes

+1 iso support.

2 Likes

@mike

Sorting the feature requests by views, one can see that this feature is rather popular, coming straight after

(1) HQ Player integration,
(2) Squeezebox support,
(3) Raspberry PI support,

with the first two already done and Raspberry PI imminent I guess.

Can you tell us if you made a decision to integrate support of SACD iso files?

2 Likes

Since there have been a bunch of comments about no Mac support, iso2dsd works great on all desktop platforms (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129913.0) and v6 fixed issues with clicking between tracks.

I’ve converted all my ISOs. Dealing with the terrible metadata in many of them, with no easy ability to fix it, was the final straw, especially in Audirvana.

-mike

1 Like

+1 ISO support.
I use JRiver Mediacenter for playing ISOS right now.
It would be apreciated if Roon would do that too.

1 Like

Please iso support!

If support for ISO is done then we also need to support: ZIP, ARC, RAR, TAR, or the many others listed in places like Wiki (as example):

ISO is the same as these, a compressed archive format.