DSD Playback Issues

I suspect 1.7 did something too. My DSD playback went wonky too. It was resolved for a minute then went back to not working. I use JRiver for now.

Hi @huang,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+ (Version 1 build 186)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet
Spectrum modem --> Orbi router --> switch --> Nucleus+, PS Audio w/Bridge II.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PS Audio USB: Windom FW, DAC reports 176.4 KHz 24 bit
When input using J River to Sonore Signature Rendu both 64 & 128 play fine via I2S

Description Of Issue
I’m using a Roon Nucleus+ to send data via USB to my DS Sr. I have told Roon to send DoP with max sample rate DSD set as up to 128. I have some 128 DSD files that look like they are playing (lossless signal path indicated), but I get no audio unless I engage DSP Sample Rate conversion. Sample rate conversion only works if I set it to convert DSD to 352.8 kHz. No audio with conversion set to DSD 128, or to DSD64. The indications in Roon look as if the DAC is playing. I tried clicking the use defaults button in Roon device setup which did not resolve the issue.

Hi @huang,

Does this behavior happen for all DSD 64/128 files or just the ones you currently have? If you try to download a few sample DSD tracks from the 2L Test Bench (right click on the file size -> save as), do you have the same issue occur with these?

PS audio sent me a version of Windom that fixed the problem.

These files played fine before… therefore I did not source additional files. PS Audio provided me with a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.