DSD problems with MX-DAC

Hi everybody,

I just bought a used MX-DAC as my LH Labs DAC stopped working. I plugged it in, Roon found it and I immediatelly could start listening to music - until the playlist came to a DSD64 file. Nothing happened playing DSD files and I tried all three different settings within the DSD menu without success. There’s no problem with the DSD files, they can be forwarded to my Mac, so I guess there might be something wrong with the DAC? Or is there something one should know with the MX-DAC when it comes to DSD files? My Roon core is on a QNAP NAS.

Thanks!
Bernd

Don’t know if the QNAP meets the requirements?

1 Like

Thanks Ged, and sorry for the delay, but your answer made me think about, if I ever listened to DSD files with the QNAP and ended in setting up a test thing on my computer: You’re right! The MX-DAC handles DSD file just fine on my Mac. I’m a bit reliefed now as I don’t need to send back the DAC. It was a bargain and I couldn’t afford that one new.

Until I found out if and how the QNAP is willing to handle DSD files (there was a codec update yesterday) I guess I let the DSD files convert to FLAC on the fly.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.