DSD support has vanished

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on NUC7i5BNH, internal music storage, Roon 1.7 (Build 528)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro via USB

Description Of Issue

My DSD files are automatically converted to PCM although my DAC (Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro) is capable of DSD512. I used to be able to play them natively until recently and my DAC’s abilities are still correctly identified in the Advanced Device Setup. Also no DSD is available in the DSP Sample Rate Conversion settings, only DSD to PCM options.
All this must have happened recently, probably with the update to version 1.7.

A post was split to a new topic: DSD Playback Issues

Hi @Christian_Beneder,

Welcome to the forum. Can you please share a screenshot of your Signal Path when you have DSD content playing and a screenshot of your Device Setup information for this zone (including both the general and advanced area)?

After hitting the Load Defaults button in Device Setup DSD playback is working again. I didn’t do that before because I thought I hadn’t changed anything, but I did. I had changed Volume Control to DSP Volume which apparently only works with PCM. All fine now, thanks.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got this issue sorted out @Christian_Beneder!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.