DSP function for Cocktail Audio X50 [Resolved]

@support

Is it possible to use DSP function for my Roon Ready Device? I just built a Roon Rock Server with my new NUC7i7DNHE Core i7-8650 and everything went fine. I want to use Roon mainly because of its DSP function. I just have wifi and no ethernet, playback works, but there are no DSP function available in the settings. Is it possible to connect the X50 directly to my NUC thru ethernet cable or do I need extra hardware?

Thanks
Alexander

Hello @Alexander_Koch,

It sounds like you may be connecting to the AirPlay input on the X50 instead of the Roon Ready input. Can you confirm this by going to Settings > Audio, and looking to see if the X50 is listed under both Roon Ready and AirPlay headings? To use DSP, you must use the Roon Ready input.

-John

Hello John,

AirPlay is not activated, only shown underneath.

Alexander

Hello @Alexander_Koch,

When you click on the signal path light to the right of the “now playing” section, what do you see? You should then click the options button button (the three vertical dots) and “DSP Engine” should appear? If you can open the DSP Engine, what does the screen look like? I have included screenshots to show where to look.

-John

There is no DSP Engine shown, just the device setup.

Alexander

@Alexander_Koch you can’t access the dsp from a phone interface…use a pc/Mac or perhaps some tablets or iPad to access.

Hello wizardofoz,

thanks a lot. With the PC it works, with my tablet not, wonder why?

Alexander

Screen real estate is the main cause…vertical is less forgiving of the space needs that dsp functions need to be usable.