DSP settings for Stereo with LFE Output

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Arch Linux, Kernel 5.6.10/ Intel i5-3470 quad core / Roon 571
Bridge Machine
Arch Linux, Kernel 5.7.2 / Intel i5 6600k / Roon 571

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Switch 8 Managed Network Switch Gigabit Ethernet, is the only thing between my core machine and bridge.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Asus Xonar U7 connected with USB, outputting stereo to ATI amplifier and a pair of Magnepan wall mount speakers, and LFE to SVS subwoofer

Description Of Issue
I had my system setup using the DSP to send the signal from the left and right channels to the subwoofer with a low pass filter on the LFE channel.

I had to do this a little different, I think it’s because Roon has a different map for the channels compared to the Xonar DAC. I set up a procedural EQ and added the mixing rules for the LFE channel. The only way I could get the LFE to work is by mapping the left channel to the LFE and the right channel to the rear right speaker, if I set them both to anything else I got no signal on LFE.

The latest update lost my DSP settings and I restored a backup from the 15th and it did not restore my DSP settings. Last night when I tried to recreate the speaker mix, I got the error “unexpected error communicating with audio device”. This morning I am not getting that error, but I also cannot get the LFE channel to work.

Is there any way to get the LFE channel back?

Hi @cabe,

Apologies for the trouble here. It looks like your RoonBridge device may have been affected by what I mention in this thread:

Unfortunately, in this case, the DSP settings will need to be reconfigured. Please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble!

I understand that the DSP needs to be reconfigured, if you reread my post you will see that I already reconfigured it but I no longer get any LFE output after the update. It worked before the update and with the same settings now it doesn’t work.

Why do the same mixing rules no longer work? How do I get 2.1 sound working again?

To add some info, I noticed that it looks like I saved my previous DSP as a preset so I activated it but it still doesn’t work. This DSP preset worked before the update and now it doesn’t work, and the only thing that changed was the update.

Hi @cabe,

Can you please share a screenshot of your DSP - Mixing settings?
What does your Signal Path look like? Can you share a screenshot of that as well?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.