DSP Volume Control on startup

I use active 4-way speakers driven by an 8 channel amp and an 8 channel pro DAC (Mytek ADDA8x192 using its ASIO driver - it works very well with Roon). The DAC has no volume control so I use the Roon volume control managed by a mini keyboard or a MS Surface Dial, both of which work very well.

However, I can’t see a way to set a DSP volume control startup level, eg -40db. As it is now this means that after a fairly loud listening session I shut down the system and reboot it later the volume will still be set at this very high level. Likewise, if the system has been left idle for an hour or so then that same volume level is retained.

There appears to be nothing in the manual about this - if it doesn’t exist it would be a very useful (and potentially speaker saving) development.

Hello @Gordon_Watson,

Thanks for your question here. Unfortunately, startup volume is not something that Roon has at the present time, the closest thing that you will find would be volume and comfort limits that you can access by right-clicking the zone in the bottom right (next to volume icon) and pressing Device Setup.

Outside of these volume limits, the best place to suggest a change like startup volume would be in our Feature Request Category of Community. Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks for your quick response Noris, much appreciated.

For the time being I’ll have to remember to turn the volume down when I’ve finished a listening session. A bit like in the old days when I had an analogue pre-amp :grinning:

I will put in a feature request as it is very reassuring when you see that volume slider lowered automatically from idle or a new session.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.