Dumb question: Changing Default device for audio output

I’m running Roon through a headless MacMini. This is actually running a Bacch4Mac program connected to my Roon ROCK server through Roon Bridge. It was outputting the audio through the headless MacMini USB to a Dac. This headless Roon instance is controlled by Roon running on an iPad.
I also have Roon on my main computer a Mac Studio which is also connected to the Roon ROCK.
I want to select the audio out to be the USB of the headless Mac. It was connected that way but I’ve done something to change the settings and can’t get back to where I was. How does one change the “default device” in the audio setting? I see no way to do this and it’s not discussed in your “help”. I have tried to select the MacMini as the output device but I don’t know how. Roon was playing through the MacMini usb but is not now.

To my knowledge there is no “default device” setting.
Each endpoint remains on the last audio output it was used on until the user changes it.
If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct me but that has been my experience.

Settings:audio and select your output , make sure it is enabled, see screenshot

2 Likes

I don’t have the same menu that you do but it doesn’t appear that I can select an output that has any other output other than “Default” which is the Mac Studio. See below Bacch DSP selection: “Audio will play out the default device” There are no other choices.

Different endpoints have different looking menus but same information.
You don’t see this at bottom of screen?
The bottom row next to end icon is your audio output where you can select it.

Yes, of course. However, when I open that selection up It still says “Audio will play out the default device” and this doesn’t appear to be modifiable. So what is the “default device” is it simply the endpoint that is identified - in this case BH4Bacch?

But I think that is referring to the default audio of that device not a Roon default device per se.
Can’t you select one of the other audio zones that are shown?

I’m a little confused tbh because I am not a Mac person and none of my zones have that type of message or have I seen that before personally.

1 Like

Hi @Ron_Compton,

I think @AceRimmer is correct here. I don’t know if this will have much relevance to you but I found this previous thread about Bacch and Roon here Bacch from Theoretica/Applied Physics - Roon "ready"? - #12 by Tom_K

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.