Duplicate album issue

Thanks for helping out Brian. You’re right on both counts. However…

(1) while it is under Use Album Title, how it is that 10,000 Maniac’s album “MTV Unplugged” appeared as the first album? Based on your point, it seems that the sort sequence is Album, then Artist?

See this other example further down the alphabetical list, where the result seems inverted. The four “White Noise” albums now seem sorted by Artist rather than Album (since the Albums are named numerically)?

For good measure, at bottom right, a couple of Various Artist albums also showed up… seemingly sorted by Album.
I’m trying to figure the algorithm used by Roon :grimacing:

(I had tried switching to Sorted as Various Artists earlier, and it helped with above… but it then had its own other set of sorting problems. I’ll keep this out to avoid confusing this thread with too many issues. Still hoping to figure out Roon’s metadata algorithm which I think may resolve all issues).

(2) You’re spot on for the Billboard album. The second album contained an additional song that I added in… but I carefully changed its Album and Album Artist metadata to match. Why won’t Roon then group them together, especially after I selected for Roon to “Prefer File”? (This worked for me in foobar2000, Plex and Synology’s Media Server)

I’ve rescanned the Album. Also done these: Clear image cache and Clean Up Library under Library Maintenance.

Thanks!