Duplicate entry for Frida (ABBA)

I’m far from an ABBA enthusiast, so don’t shoot me down :wink:

But isn’t the ‘Frida’ page used for her solo (band) projects / albums outside of ABBA?

It’s a tricky one, for many artists it’s quite useful to have their various pseudonyms kept slightly separate. Especially if they’ve worked on a range of different musical styles / projects over the years under different monikers.

You can always merge them together in your own library.

That said, as the very least I suspect it would be helpful for both her pages to have an “Also known as” link on them like so:

Both entries list her solo albums and also have a “With ABBA” section, which is how it should be anyway. Appreciate your inputs but if every artist who had a successful solo career as well one with a Band, had separate artist entries, it would cause a helluva lot of confusion. Also is there any consistency in that regard. I guess not.

Hey @zenyatta80

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As always, we appreciate the heads up and your assistance.

We’ve reached out directly to Rovi/Allmusic to request a review of each of the entries for Anni-Frid Lyngstad for equivalence issues. Please understand that we can’t make any promises regarding a timeline for their review or corrections. They generally address our metadata corrections fairly quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.