Duplicate Song Imports Every Album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS Catalina 10.15/MacBook Pro 15" 2019 32 GB/Roon v1.6 Build 416 (64-bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Local server, but Wi-Fi is 802.11ac, not connected to any end point

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB, Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt/Red

Description Of Issue

I downloaded and installed Roon yesterday to a new laptop. Earlier in the day I imported into Apple Music all of my files (all 256-kbps AAC, 1,059 albums, 14,581 tracks). Roon imported everything very quickly, album artwork was correct, all good, but I ended up with two songs for each track in every album that was imported. The album count is correct, but the number of songs doubled for my library.

Is there a setting I need to make to eliminate the duplicate tracks? Is there anything I can do to delete the duplicates? I am concerned that I may delete the master track file if I manually delete anything. Thank you.

Rob

Hey Robert,

Could you post a screenshot of your Roon Settings > Storage screen?

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Robert_F,

As Greg suggested, a screenshot of Settings > Storage would be helpful in helping us understand what may be happening here.

Thanks Greg and Dylan, sorry it took me some time to reply. Here is the screenshot of my Settings->Storage settings.

Thanks, @Robert_F.

Things look okay here, so there is likely something else going on. Can you pick out one specific example of an album where you’re seeing duplicates and share screenshots of each?

Sure. Here are two screenshots of two different albums, both with duplicate tracks. This is identical across all of my albums.

Thanks, @Robert_F.

Continuing with the example album above, I’m hoping you can do the following:

1. Share a screenshot of this album in it’s storage location via Finder or File Explorer
  2. For the two copies of What’s The Matter Here in the screenshot above, click the 3 dots next to the track and get a screenshot of View File Info. Please share that here as well

Here you go, but now I feel silly and should have checked the Music directory first. It looks like ALL of my imported music was duplicated. My other music applications (Apple Music and Audirvana 3.5) didn’t catch that I had doubles of everything. Looks like if I write a script to remove the duplicates it will clear everything up. Here are my screenshots if they help:

Hi @Robert_F,

Yes, it looks like since there are duplicates in the storage location that is why Roon is importing multiples of each track. If you remove those duplicates things should sort itself out for you.

Thanks for all the helpful pointers. I deleted all the duplicates and everything is working great, really like speed and stability of Roon. Thank you again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.