Easy way to quickly restart raatserver.exe when local endpoint disappears on Windows using Autohotkey

I initially posted about this here and I also attempted at playing with task scheduler but that was too unreliable. Essentially the issue is that when my laptop enters modern standby and I use Roon over my wireguard VPN my local endpoint disappears until I either restart raatserver.exe, restart Roon, or disconnect and reconnect to Wireguard. My best attempt at a solution is the below Autohotkey script.

#+r::
Run cmd /c taskkill /f /im raatserver.exe
Run cmd /c exit && cmd /c start "" %localappdata%\Roon\Application\raatserver.exe

It can be compiled with Autohotkey and set to run at startup. Then all one has to to do bring the endpoint back is to press Win + Shift + R, then raatserver.exe will restart.

Edit:
I took some time and added some polish to this, complete with a more complex shortcut Shift+Win+Alt+R to make it harder to invoke. I also added a message box with a cancel button that will time out after 5 seconds. Code below:

!#+r::
MsgBox, 1,Roon,RAAT will restart in 5 seconds`, to stop this press Cancel., 5
IfMsgBox Cancel
exit
Else
Run cmd /c taskkill /f /im raatserver.exe
Run cmd /c exit && cmd /c start "" %localappdata%\Roon\Application\raatserver.exe
2 Likes

I’m running Build 1174 and so far standby hasn’t caused my endpoint to disappear. Can anyone from Roon Labs comment as to whether something was changed in RAATserver.exe to fix this?