HP 250 G7, Windows 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, Intel core i7-8565U

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP link router devolo powerline

Connected Audio Devices

Native instruments komplete audio 6 and Mackie onyx 12 USB mixer

Number of Tracks in Library

27000 tracks

Description of Issue

I have a lot of digitised vinyl that I have to edit meta data manually. Every time I try to select a primary artist the artist list doesn’t work. The first few come up then it’s just a blank list (with grey circles). The ‘filter’ box allows me to type an artist but it doesn’t filter anything and just keeps returning to a blank box (screenshot attached)

. Any ideas what is going on and how I can manually select primary artists?

Hey, any response to this? thx

Hi roon, just checking in on this. Any news? Thx. D

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @domocon ,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delay in following up on your issue! This is an interesting one at that. I see that you’re on our early access build 1228, are you still experiencing this issue?

With that, could you please provide more details around your network setup? Is your core device hardwired via ethernet directly to your router? If not, I would definitely set this up as a test - along with giving your router a hard reboot as well.

Lastly, if you could please reproduce this issue and share the specific date and time around when this issue pops up that would be helpful in our reviewing of your core diagnostics.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply. :pray:

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for looking at this, A couple of updates:

• I update regularly so am now on v1254 (Early Access). Screenshot here:

• I am still experiencing the issue (I have done since I started using Roon). I’ve just recreated on 10 April at 09:06. Screenshot here:

• the core device is directly connected to an ethernet cable from the develo. I will need to get some more cable to directly connect to the router so will need some time to sort this (although this won’t work as a permanet solution in my current property).

• I have rebooted the router (and do so at least once a week)

It will take a few days to get more cable but will be update once I’ve done that.

thanks.

Dom.

Hi Benjamin,

I’ve just tried connecting direct to the router and got the same problem. screenshot below.

this was on 17 April 2023 at 12:15 India time.

I will try again later but let me know if you want me to try anything else.

thanks,

Dom

Maybe clearing the cache works for you

Hey @domocon,

Thanks for following up. An important thing to note - editing metadata in large quantities through Roon may cause issues, and won’t make changes to the core file data. We often times recommend using a third-party app to make edits to the core files. A few options are:

• mp3 tag
  • db power

Making your edits outside of Roon first, followed by importing should help you in this case. Thanks :+1:

OK, Thanks. To clarify though, I am not trying to edit meta data in large quantities. I am just trying to allocate one artist to one track (I.e. I am editing 1 field for individual tracks as I get to them). Does that change the answer?

Hey @domocon,

No, not really - you’ll want to use another software to create/update the core file metadata prior to importing it in Roon. That will help Roon initially discover it. :+1:

Do you have any VPNs or third-party security software in your network chain?

I would also head into Roon Settings>Setup>Clear Image Cach.